Monday, June 17, 2013

Simple Preschool Crafts

I have two little ones that just love crafts.  Many times I try to make include other learning with the craft.  Then there are sometimes that I just need them to be happily busy, so that I can get some things done.  This month we two simple preschool crafts.

For these we used the following supplies:
Glue Sticks
Tissue Paper
Paper Plate
Bath Tissue Roll
Cotton Balls
Construction Paper

Our first preschool craft is a paper plate snail.  This was going to be an activity that focused on keeping things inside of the lines and one that focused on colors and patterns for little miss.  It just so happened that this was the only craft that I had ready in the preschool bags and I needed them to stay quiet and happily busy for about 30 minutes.

I brought out the craft, explained it to Little Miss and let her have at it.  I helped Little Mister the whole time with his.  {Working at home Daddy had a conference call that he had to be able to listen too.}  

Because I was right there working on it with them I am sure that they worked on it longer and they were quieter as well.  The craft was intended to glue tissue paper around the circles in patterns keeping all the pieces in the circle.  We didn’t have the time to prepare all of that so I just let them glue the tissue paper on the plate as they wished.  When they were finished I cut the bath tissue roll and slide it onto the plate.  I taped it in place.

The other simple craft this month was a caterpillar on a leaf.  


In the preschool bag I had already cut out 2 large leaves and two piece of blue paper to glue the leaf onto.  Then I gave them 10 cotton balls each (which were also already in the bag).  I helped them glue the leaves onto the paper and showed Little Miss how to put glue in the middle of the leaf.  We pressed the cotton balls along the glue creating a caterpillar.  


Little Miss said her caterpillar needed legs and drew them on.  This craft did not take them long at all!  

I love the final products. - See more at: http://touchofhomelearning.blogspot.com/2013/05/simple-preschool-crafts.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+TouchOfHomeLearning+%28Touch+of+Home+Learning%29#sthash.v0OTLr1t.dpuf

No comments:

Post a Comment